Tuesday, November 01, 2011

It's Too Loud

There’s a blunt and violent idea streaming through the depths of my mind. The same way the water will not stop flowing no matter how calm the river, I cannot shake the thoughts that haunt my soul and shatters what little sanity I have left. I cannot tell where the intention began – exactly which part of my life went wrong. All I hear is a voice becoming unbearably loud. A whisper has become undeniably prominent. The control that locked a beast is loosening from the echoes of the sounds. I want to escape the resonance. Yet, there is no corner in this chamber for my sanity to hide.
***
“Killing spree in the downtown core”
***
There’s a bunch of men outside the glass door screaming something I cannot comprehend. When the movement strikes my eyes, there a compulsive need to pull the trigger that I do not have the power to ignore. I have already given into the temptation. So I shot into the direction of all the noise hoping to calm the people yelling at me in a disturbing tone of voice.
Eventually, everyone is silent again or perhaps I have lost my sense of hearing. I can see myself lying in a pool of scarlet red, but my eyes close before I can confirm anything. At least the beast is satisfied. It will be asleep for a while.
***
“Massacre ends in hospitalization of twenty-five victims. Killer is in hospitals with life threatening conditions.”

No comments:

Post a Comment