While roaming the evergreen
road,
I left little pieces of
myself
All around
The blades of grass I have
come across that unknowingly cut me
And make me bleed drops of
blood, in my head, only I see
And sometimes, I can’t ever
find those little pieces
No matter how many rocks I
turn
And sometimes those pieces
are returned to me different
Singed, dampened, torn,
beyond the point of return
And sometimes the fractions
falling out of me are so small
I paid no attention and gave
them no concern
Until the hole was too wide
to be filled.
I tried not to leave
Pieces of me
Behind
On the edges of the green
blades
Under weightless rays of
light beaming into eyes
From the burning yellow sun
Already too small to see
Those pieces of me
And all that means is that
you’ll never know me
Until I confront the eternal
green
And absorb those microscopic
pieces back into me.
No comments:
Post a Comment